Saturday, November 27, 2010

Two Month Now - Feeling Settled

A slightly dated post as we're nearing the 3 month mark but here it is ...


I can't believe it's been two months since we've come to Taiwan.  Sometimes it feels like we just came yesterday and other times I feel like we've been here forever.  I feel like a lot of the original 'novelty' has worn off (7-11!  the night market! I can't believe they have ____ here!) which is not a bad thing.  We're really getting into a routine which kind of goes like this:


Weekdays: Kids wake up before dawn and get Tina up. She feeds and dresses the kids while I sleep in as I usually have a late night call the before.  We both take Moses to school and let Seraphine play in the school playground.  I then eat breakfast before heading downstairs for work.  Tina takes Seraphine out somewhere as she/they will go stir crazy if not.  Seraphine usually naps by 11:30am.  We have lunch and then Tina takes a nap. I'll watch TV and then go back to work.  Tina and Seraphine go out again in the afternoon and pick Moses up at 4pm.  I head back home around five and we have dinner as a large extended family.  Tina and I then give the kids a bath and go through their night-time routine. Kids in bed by eight.  Tina and I get a little bit of time together before I head back to the office for some late night calls.  Repeat.


Weekends: Night routine is usually the same but we try to meet with friends or go out on Saturdays.  Sundays are worship in the AM and then some family time in the PM.


All in all it's not too different from our routine back home except for my late night calls for work as that's the best time to reach people back in the USA.


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment